978-1-62795-191-3 | Hardcover | 224 pages | 8.5″ x 11″
List Price: $29.95
Here are more than 40 of the best train journeys in the world that will appeal to railroad enthusiasts as well as armchair travelers!
These journeys include: ·
- Fascinating destinations and routes
- Tourist lines as well as commuter trains
- Luxury travel with five-star hotel services
- Train travel in remote areas in the world
- Travel for all budgets and ages
Each train journey provides:
- Unusual or unique elements of the train
- Scenic images along each route
- Historical and technical notes
- Mapping of each route
- Practical tips and information
Franco Tanel is a journalist and photographer who began his professional career in 1979 working with the photographic agency D-Day. He has since collaborated with several major Italian photojournalism agencies, including Contrasto and Grazia Neri. Tanel focuses especially on topics related to transportation and infrastructure, including sustainable tourism and the environment, as well as issues related to immigration, always combining his journalistic and photography work. For many years, he covered transport and urban planning in specialist periodicals for the Italian newspaper Il Sole 24 Ore and has collaborated with Tuttotreno, Italy’s foremost periodical dedicated to rail travel, since its inception. He was part of the working group that founded the Green Logistics Expo, the first Italian fair dedicated to transport and sustainable logistics.